Welcome!

We are two sisters that feed our families almost completely vegetarian. With 5 children aged 2 to 12 years between the two of us, we have had the joy and pain of experimenting. We plan to Blog 365 simple and kid approved meals. Most will be made-from-scratch but we will also share what we do when eating out. It may take more than 365 days to accomplish this but we hope you'll check back often, try our suggestions and give us your feedback.

2.06.2010

67. Mediterranean Pizza Salad and Soup

spinach
grape tomatoes
red peppers (roasted)
marinated artichoke hearts
calamata olives (I chop them with my kitchen scissors
feta or goat cheese
basil (fresh or dried)
oregano (fresh or dried)
garlic powder and salt to taste
handful of croutons

The other night I made pizza for my family. I put these same toppings on their pizza (using a store-bought pizza crust) and I made myself this salad. No dressing needed! I roast my own peppers. Just slice them, toss them in olive oil and broil until fragrant and edges start to turn slightly black (maybe about 10 minutes). I use my toaster oven, works great. I love the flavor of home roasted and its so easy! I served their pizza and my salad with a tomato-basil soup (365 brand is very good).

No comments: