Welcome!

We are two sisters that feed our families almost completely vegetarian. With 5 children aged 2 to 12 years between the two of us, we have had the joy and pain of experimenting. We plan to Blog 365 simple and kid approved meals. Most will be made-from-scratch but we will also share what we do when eating out. It may take more than 365 days to accomplish this but we hope you'll check back often, try our suggestions and give us your feedback.

6.12.2010

73. Carrot Soup


I copied and pasted this from All Recipes - Joan Carney


I have made this several times and my husband and I really enjoy it.  If you don't use chicken stock I recommend 365 organic Vegetable Broth from Whole Foods Market and add a slash of whit wine to spruce it up. 

  • 3 pounds carrots, chopped
  • 6 cups chicken stock
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
  • 1/4 pound butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

  • In a medium sized stock pot, over high heat, combine the chicken stock, carrots, garlic, dill weed, salt and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.  In a blender, puree the soup, return to stock pot and simmer for an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Season with additional dill or garlic if needed.

1 comment:

a Mamacita said...

I was excited to find your website! However, your text and your background colour are the same so I had to highlight all of the words in order to read anything. :) I realize that you're probably not bloging on the site any more, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Cheers.